So I am as you know enjoying life with my family in Chicago, its a blast let me tell you :) Ill share some pix and stories once I get back home. I first found Evani's blog through her super sweet comments on some of my posts and I was so happy to discover it! You should all check it out here. She is just the sweetest girl and her treats all look (and taste, iv made some, YUM!) AMAZING! Today she has agreed to share a receipt with you all to keep you occupied and entertained while Im enjoying some off time! :)
(by the way, today I am going up to Houghton to visit my lil'sis at university, STOKED!!!)
Enjoy!! Love K
Hi there Make it & Fake it readers,
I'm Evani from Simply Evani! Katrine's lovely blog was one of the FIRST blogs I ever subscribed to (I cannot get enough of her bracelet tutorials!) so I'm so happy to be here today to share my favorite sugar cookie recipe.
Recipes adapted form Makoodle. I changed some of the proportions and excluded a few ingredients to fit my needs.
Sugar Cookie Recipe:
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1.5 eggs (literally broke open an egg and only threw in "half" of an egg. Lol)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 3 Cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- In a stand mixer, cream the sugar and butter. Add eggs, vanilla and sour cream until well combined. Slowly add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and keep refrigerated for at least 2 hours.
- Once dough is chilled, roll it out and cut with cookie cutter. Set oven at 350 degrees and bake for roughly 11 minutes (less if you roll your dough out thin). Let the cookies cool before decorating.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar, add more for consistency
- Cream softened butter and cream cheese together then add vanilla.
- Slowly add powdered sugar to desired consistency. You might need more powdered sugar if you want firmer icing.
Over at Simply Evani, I talk about my unhealthy obsession with social media, blogging and everything Michael Kors sells (seriously, is that man in my head or something?!). I love to dabble in a good DIY and every once in awhile I get incredibly lucky in the kitchen to bake a sweet treat. I am a firm believer in the power of a good inspirational quote and I cry and/or laugh at nearly everything. I love connecting with other bloggers so stop by my blog, introduce yourself and tell me the meaning of life,
about your day!
Thank you so much for having me Katrine! I hope I get to meet some of your wonderful readers!