Dec 20, 2011

DIY Cartier look-a-like Bracelet


I know I just said this in another post, but OH do I ever love the gold+red combo!
Cartier really made this look a statement!


Before I even start the explanation of this DIY, you neeeeeed to make sure that you cover up everything in the vicinity when you attempt to use pray paint! I now have a gold Nikon (pimp my Nikon indeed), gold patio, and gold hands! The hands being the least of my problems! Thank God it snows in Norway, this will cover up my golden tracks, and I donæt have to deal with it until spring!


You will need a box of hexagon nuts, (Jeg kjøpte mine på Biltema for ca 40 kr.)
Gold spray paint, make sure your spray paint sticks to metall. (Også biltema, hobbylakken fungerer fint, men kjøpte felg lakken i sølv/crome og den sitter bedre på metall ca 60 kr)
Red embroidery yarn (kjøpte min for 15 kr på en stoff butikk)





I find it easier to braid when the end is fastend to something, so I attached the string to a safety pin to my sock. (Yes, winter in Norway equals big wool'y socks, not sexy but very cosy) Double strings make the braid thicker. 


Start braiding, when you have your desired lengt start adding the hexagons. 


Keep braiding till you have the desired amount of hexagones, then finish by braiding the string to the desired length! 


Tie on your wrist and rock it! 




Let me know how it goes, and PLEASE be careful with the spray paint! 


5 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks just like it! Fabulous job!

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Betul! try it, and let me know how it goes :)

    Seekingstyleblog, Thanks! im so happy you like it!

    Are you girls on Pintrest? you should join it and follow me! :)

    love K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm definitely going to make one myself. Great post!

    ps. thanks for visiting my blog! Come back soon, I dare you. haha.

    x Niki from A Haute Mess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a question..when you are putting on the hexagon nuts..how do you get them to stay? Are you braiding them while you put them on? or do you just string them on and then start braiding again once you have all the nuts on? Sorry I'm just a little confused..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave some L.O.V.E. !
You guy's Rock!