May 15, 2012

DIY Pocket Update

I am loving the ethnic prints and colored patters this spring, but I'm not at a point where I would wear a full out multi-color pattern for a whole piece.
This DIY is perfect for those of us that want to be on trend, but is a bit hesitant to go all in!
It totally changes the look of the shorts, don't you think? And you can clearly do it with long jeans as well!


My parents got a rug once in Mexico, and it's just been lying around collecting dust, so I thought I would put it to good use updating a pair of Abercrombie cut-off shorts. I cut a piece of fabric, adjusted it to fit the pocket perfectly and stitched in on by hand! (That way, you can remove it when you are sick of it, or change fabric by mood) If you don't like to sew,  use fabric glue!! It's as easy as that! :)

Ps. The studded trim I cut of these shoes here, are going in the pockets of the denim shorts, I'm overly excited to show you the outcome!


On a completely different note, I think I have to take back what I wrote about the Sally Hansen Salon Effects in this post. Still loving the product thought so no change there, but I must day that I am now on day 10 and they don't look that fresh anymore. Still way nicer than polish after 10 days, but still. So please adjust your expectations accordingly :)



13 comments:

  1. That looks amazing, I'll probably try this pocket update with a flower-printed fabric :)) Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!

    fashionqueen294.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! It seems so fun! The result is really amazing!!


    xoxo from München
    La Vie Quotidienne
    www.laviequo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great DIY! I love little colorful details like this. :)
    xo Andrea
    Wonderful and Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, I can't wait to try this!
    Brooke @ what2wear, Monikabrooke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks so cute.
    http://aciddreamsandsugarhighs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Des idées très créatrices... Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, simply but it looks really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely!! I'm thinking of doing the same to a pair of shorts that are there lost in the depths of my closet haha

    xxx
    Sylvia

    www.daretodiy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work! ;)

    http://themadcreationist.blogspot.it/

    Giuseppe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the idea. Now I have to find such a nice fabric like you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave some L.O.V.E. !
You guy's Rock!