Feb 5, 2012

Sister Sunday, Baby Shower part 2

Today i uncharacteristically had a minor break down, tears included.!! 
My beloved baby (my Nikon D7000 ) was forgotten yesterday (I KNOW bad parenting skills) and when I picket my baby up this morning he/she/it was broken! The lens was broken of with metal and mini plastic pieces all over the place, hence the break down. Anyway then I remembered that today was Sister Sunday (YAY) and my beloved sis had sent me the post per email, and decided (after a bit of agony) as long as its made of plastic and metal its not the end of the world (I was feeling pretty mature at this point), so here you go with the delights from my beloved sis:


Like I told you guys last week, we surprised our boss with a baby shower. She does not know the gender of the baby yet, so the color theme was green and yellow. 
I brought in green and yellow cakepops (from sister sunday last week) and matching vanilla cupcakes filled with french vanilla pudding. 

Vanilla Cupcakes With French Vanilla Pudding

3 dl sugar 
200 g unsalted butter
4 eggs
5 dl flour 
1-2 ts. Baking  powder
3  dl whipping cream
1-2 ts. Vanilla essence
Instant French Vanilla Pudding
Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Gently mix in the flour and baking powder, before you add the cream. 
Make the pudding according to the instructions on the box, but reduce the amount of liquid, we want the pudding to be slightly firmer. 
Fill the liners halfway with batter, add a spoonful of pudding, and cover with batter. Bake at 375 for 15-25 min (depending on your oven and cup cake size).

I decorated these with angel feather icing (adopted from Passion 4 Baking). It is probably my favorite frosting, super fluffy and sweet. 
2 egg whites 
170 g sugar
1 dl corn syrup
2 tbs  water

Put everything in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Whisk until white and fluffy, then remove and whisk until you have the desired consistency. 

Fill your piping bags and decorate!


I picked this nifty trick up on Pinterest: instead of struggling with filling your piping bag, just wrap the frosting in plastic, insert in bag, and cut off the extra plastic that pokes through the tip. So much easier and a lot less messy. 

I also decided to make some fondant roses to decorate the cupcakes with. And I have to confess, I was really skeptical in the beginning. I have never really liked fondant, I don't like the taste, so I never really saw the point of using it if it was not eaten. I used this video. and it was so much fun and not too difficult. I felt like I was back in preschool, playing with play doh. 





Anyways, this is how it turned out:



+ Sis

11 comments:

  1. The cup cake looks cute and delicious.

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LUV how you wrote this post, lol ;) Very witty and clever. Your cuppies look delish, I adore the little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what gorgeous cupcakes. I'm cupcake obsessed and these look beyond delicious.

    $100 Shopbop GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was soo nice of you! The cupcakes turned out great!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look delish! lol I could go for a cupcake right now!!

    From Brooklyn with love,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cupcakes look so delicious, not to mention beyond adorable! I'm craving some now.

    www.pinsneedlesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks girls!!! i wish my sis was in Norway with me so i could have some too!!! But for now i just have to enjoy the pic's with you guy's :)

    Love K

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow these cupcakes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! You have some serious baking talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave some L.O.V.E. !
You guy's Rock!